A Science Slam is a scientific talk where researchers compete to present their work in front of a non-expert audience. The slam is a way to show the engaging and fascinating side of research to the wider public.
The EURAXESS Science Slam 2014 , organized in partnership with THINKIN CHINA and UNDERSTANDING SCIENCE will take place on 6th November 2014 in Beijing. Five researchers will compete for the main prize; the audience will decide who the best is. The winner will go to Europe for science communication training and field visits.
Researchers currently based in China of all nationalities and all research fields can join. There are no age restrictions and the only academic requirement is that you need to hold a PhD or be currently enrolled in a PhD programme.
The registration for 2014 Science Slam is now closed. We are pleased to announce that the scientific jury has selected the best five videos. The five finalists are …
– AMBROSI Raymond – From the Boxer Uprising to Cultural Resurgence- The Underground Plum Flower Boxers and the Rejuvenation of Community Life in Rural North China
– DENG Zhuo – ‘Who stole my electrons?’ – Electron Loss Process in 3rd Generation Solar Cells
– FLORES Nahiely – Numerical Models in Astrophysics
– LI Miaoyan – Bitcoin, Its Development and Risks
– WANG Yanting – A Story about Addiction
For further information check out the website: http://scienceslamchina.splashthat.com